3rd Annual Next Gen Job Fair
March 7th, 2018 from 12:00pm-3:00pm
STA Plaza, 2nd Floor Rotunda, 701 W Riverside Ave
Employers, register here!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What types of employers will be there?
Many industries will be represented at the job fair, including: healthcare, military, seasonal, recreation, education and training institutions, and more! Click here to see a current list of employers registered for the event.
The job fair is FREE to all young adult jobs seekers!
- Who can come to the job fair?
This event is open to the public - anyone looking for work in the Spokane area is welcome to join us, and no pre-registration is required. Job seekers in their teens and early twenties who are early in their career are especially encouraged to come - this event is tailored for you!
- I want to get a job, what should I do to prepare for the Next Gen Job Fair?
That's great, we want to help! Come to one of our FREE prep workshops at the Next Generation Zone. During each one-hour session, you'll learn how to make the most of your experience at a job fair, how to talk about yourself with recruiters, and how to follow up to increase your chances of landing that job! We're also offering résumé workshops. Our career coaches will help you analyze your experiences and craft the best résumé to help you get the type of job you're looking for.
February 27: Prep Workshop 2:30 - 3:30 pm
Résumé workshop 3:30 - 4:30 pm
March 1: Prep Workshop 2:30 - 3:30 pm
Résumé Workshop 3:30 - 4:30 pm
If you have questions about the prep sessions, please call (509) 340-7800.
Employers registered to attend are listed below, organized by industry/sector. These organizations are offering a wide variety of opportunities, including full- and part-time positions, apprenticeship and internship opportunities, education and training opportunities, and information about career pathways.
* Indicates vendors who have offerings for job seekers under the age of 18.
Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation Industry
- Silverwood Theme Park - Boulder Beach Water Park*
- Associated Builders and Contractors - Inland Pacific Chapter
- Boilermakers Local 242 (Apprenticeship Opportunities)
- Modern Construction & Consulting Services
- North West Laborers
- Community Colleges of Spokane*
- Job Corps*
Finance and Insurance Industry
Governmental or Non-Profit Services Sector
- AmeriCorps VISTA (Summer Associate Internship program)
- City of Spokane
- Next Generation Zone*
- Salvation Army- Camp Gifford (hiring for summer camp and retreat center)*
- Spokane County Detention Services
- Spokane County 911 (hiring civilian call receivers to answer both emergency and non-emergency calls for police and fire)
- Spokane County Library District*
- Spokane Parks and Recreation*
- STA Mobility and Vanpool
- Assisted Residential Services, Inc.
- Beneficial In Home Care
- CHAS Health
- Cheney Care Center
- Family Home Care
- Inland Northwest Health Services
- Maxim Healthcare Services
- ResCare HomeCare of Washington
- SL Start and Associates, Aacres LLC
Hospitality and Retail Industry
- Northern Quest Resort and Casino
Manufacturing and Aerospace Industry
- ATC Manufacturing
- Haakon Industries
- Humanix Corp
- Wagstaff, Inc.
- US Army
- WA Air National Guard*
Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services Sector
- New Horizons Computer Learning Center
- Securitas Security Services, USA
- Spherion Staffing
Transportation and Warehousing Industry
- Boise Cascade Building Materials
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Spokane Transit Authority
- ENGIE Insight (formerly Ecova)
- Inland Empire Subsection of AWWA Utilities
Businesses from all other Industries and Sectors
- Food Services of America and Ameristar Meats
- Port of Morrow
- Sears Marketing Center*
- SPi CRM
- Sysco Spokane Inc