4th Annual Next Gen Job Fair
February 28th, 2019 from 12:00pm-3:00pm
STA Plaza, 2nd Floor Rotunda, 701 W Riverside Ave
Employers, register here!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What types of employers will be there?
Many industries will be represented at the job fair, including: healthcare, military, seasonal, recreation, education and training institutions, and more! Click here to view registered employers and what jobs they're hiring for!
The job fair is FREE to all young adult jobs seekers! There is a fee for employers, please click the link above.
- Who can come to the job fair?
This event is open to the public - anyone looking for work in the Spokane area is welcome to join us, and no pre-registration is required. Job seekers in their teens and early twenties who are early in their career are especially encouraged to come - this event is tailored for you!
- I want to get a job, what should I do to prepare for the Next Gen Job Fair?
That's great, we want to help! We are hosting two FREE Prep Sessions at the Next Generation Zone on Monday February 25th from 10:00-11:00am, and Tuesday February 26th from 1:00-2:00pm. No registration needed, just show up (901 East 2nd Ave)!
Employers registered to attend are listed below, organized by industry/sector. This list will be updated weekly as more companies sign up. These organizations are offering a wide variety of opportunities, including full- and part-time positions, apprenticeship and internship opportunities, education and training opportunities, and information about career pathways.
* Indicates vendors who have offerings for job seekers under the age of 18.
Arts, Entertainment and Recreation
- * Silverwood Theme Park: Cashiers, Cooks, Custodial, Guest Services, Lifeguard, Rider Operator, Security and more. workatsilverwood.com
- ACI Coatings: Entry-level Painting Apprentice and Experienced Painter. acicoatings.com
- Boilermakers Local 242: Apptrenticeship program with waitlist. Once applications have been accepted, other positions including pre-apprenticeship are available. boilermakers242.com
- Northwest HVAC/R Association & Training Center: Entry Level HVAC Positions. inwhvac.org
Customer Relations Management
- East Valley School District: Substitute Bus Drivers, Substitute Paraeducators, Substitute Custodians, Substitute Food Service Workers (substitute positions often lead to full-time positions). evsd.org
Food Service & Hospitality
- City of Spokane: Variety of temp/seasonal positions in the parks department, and some full-time entry level positions. Radio Operator I position opens 3/11/19. No seasonal opportunities for under 18 at this time. my.spokanecity.org/jobs
- City of Spokane Fire Department: Hiring Firefighters. Click here for job requirements. Department website: my.spokanecity.org/fire/
- Spokane County Detention Services: Correction Officers and Cooks. spokanecounty.org
- Spokane County 911: 9-1-1 Emergency call receivers. $18.57/hour starting salary + benefits. spokanecounty.org
- * Spokane County Library: Please check the website for openings at the time of the job fair. www.scld.org
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA/DHS): Transportation Security Officers (TSO). No experience required. tsajobs.tsa.dhs.gov
Healthcare and Social Services
- ResCare HomeCare of Washington: Caregivers (entry-level position). rescare.com
Manufacturing & Aerospace
- Altek, Inc: No current openings, but want candidates to learn about their company. www.altek-inc.com
- Haakon Industries, Inc: Assembly, Electrical, Welding. Construction background welcome. haakon.com
- * Wagstaff, Inc: 4-week Summer Career Internship Program open to ages 16+. wagstaff.com
- Skils'kin: Wide variety of positions including landscaping, custodial, administrative, and employment services. skils-kin.org
- Spokane County United Way: AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associates spend 10 weeks coordinating summer learning, leading activities for school-age children, distributing meals, and more! Summer Associates receive a stipend and education award. unitedwayspokane.org/americorps-vista and volunteerspokane.org
Transportation & Warehousing